Sunday, May 6, 2018

BonBons Scarf


I few months ago I brought some BonBons (no not candy BonBon Yarns by LionBrand).  

I had no idea with I was going to do with it.  I started thinking this would make a nice striped scarf.  Then I thought stockinette stitch because the yarn is to pretty for garter stitch.

My next thought was stockinette roles and I did not want a garter stitch border.

Thank goodness, I have a large collection of books.  So I started looking through
Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Vol 1: Knit & Purl by Trisha Malcolm (Editor)


I found what I was looking for.  The Double Stockinette Stitch. It looks exactly like stockinette, but no role.

I'm making a BonBons Scarf or it might end up a shawl.

Skill Level:  Experienced(Pattern included reading pattern, color changes &
I-cord) (Refresher I-cord video)
Materials:

3 packs of Lion Brand BonBons (2 packs of Party 650 and 1 pack of Celebrate 660)
Size 5 (3.75mm) needles
2 Size 3 Double Pointed needles
Scissors
Yarn needle

Color Sequence:
I will be alternating first the Celebrate, then 2 party, and back to celebrate.
Once you have using up the first pack of Party, start one the 2nd.  Using the same color pattern as the first.

Stitch Pattern:
Double Stockinette Stitch
(Worked over odd number of sts)

Row 1 (RS) K1,*wyib sl, k1; rep from *, to end.
Row 2 K1, *p1, k1; rep from * to end.
Rep rows 1 and 2

Cast on 78 stitches.
Follow stitch pattern until about 10 yds are left and you are on the right side of your work.
Pick up 3 or 4 stitches on the side to start the I-cord. Bind off I-cord and weave in tail.
Using next color, make an I-cord about the same length of the last I-cord.

Update: May 5, 2018

I changed my mind. I'm using the yarn for the Scrap Happy Shawl

No comments:

Post a Comment